Website XLR Executive Jet Centres
XLR is the premium travel brand within Regional & City Airports
POST TITLE: XLR FBO Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: XLR Director
SALARY £40, 000
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
To lead and inspire a team to provide a first class and profitable product for corporate and specialist aviation, seeking to continually grow and develop opportunities and business relationships. Manage the Birmingham XLR FBO facilities and coordinate and support the activities associated with the Jet Centre, its customers, staff, tenants, stakeholders and the working relationship with Birmingham Airport.
This post will be based at Birmingham Airport with 40 conditioned hours per week with requirements for early morning, late evening and some weekend work required to meet the needs of the business.
The Manager will be accountable for the day to day management and leadership of the Birmingham XLR centre as well as for their business performance and to operate the Centres and airfield activities safely, efficiently and at all times in full accordance with the requirements of the CAA, & other Regulators.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of Birmingham XLR Centres and for leadership of the team.
2. Maintain and develop corporate and specialist accounts and ensure that the customer service standards delivered are to the highest standards
3. Ensure that all commercial opportunities are exploited with all flights, for example, the provision of fuel and additional ground handling provisions.
4. Ensure that the corporate lounge facilities are promoted and provided to the required high standard
5. Working with non-airport commercial teams develop new contracts and opportunities for business and growth, e.g. catering providers, hotels, cars etc.
6. Manage the XLR deployed staff ensuring training, service levels and motivation and be responsible for recruitment when required.
7. Manage the XLR Birmingham P&L account – costs and income to achieve agreed budgets and targets.
8. Record and report performance and opportunities within XLR to the Director of XLR on a monthly basis.
9. Produce the report for the monthly board detailing performance to budget and explaining the key developments in the FBOs, taking into account work for the future and any key revenue generation which could affect the business both positively or negatively.
10. Maintain high standards of safety throughout XLR Birmingham, ensure all regulatory inspections are in place and manage safety awareness for our staff members and customers at the Jet Centre, reporting any defects and deficiency’s within an agreed timeframe
11. Continually develop first class customer service skills to all XLR staff working in-line with other Managers across the XLR group.
12. Build and maintain a customer database of regular clients to the Jet Centre especially focusing on new operators and clients.
13. Maintain key participation in industry related forums, conferences and exhibitions on behalf of all group airports.
14. Take the lead role in managing any abnormal event or situation involving a handled flight at Birmingham making sure the XLR Director is informed especially with regards to Royal and VIP passengers in a timely manner.
15. Manage, develop and monitor the level of customer services given by the XLR Team and record this as a means of continual improvement.
16. Assist with other Rigby Companies within the Rigby Group where required.
17. Assist, with other managers, the development of all group Airports with the vision that the XLR becomes the Business Airport of Choice in that given area.
The post holder must have a valid driving licence and will be required through a background records check to obtain a detailed security pass. The post holder will be required to conduct visits and operational duties at all other owned and managed Airports within the RCA Group from time to time. International Travel is also required at times to attend industry Events and meetings. The position requires that the post holder be able to attend Birmingham sites at short notice and other group Airports and XLR FBOs within a reasonable time.
The post holder acknowledges that they have contracted out of the provisions of the EU Working Time Directive.
This Job Description outlines the duties required for the time being to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or level of responsibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com