Digital operations and manual-provider AviationManuals has published a whitepaper with guidance to update FBO Operations Manuals during the Covid-19 pandemic.
AviationManuals CEO Mark Baier said, “By now FBO operators should be conscious that everyone’s perceptions and attitudes with regard to risk have changed dramatically.
“While it is always important to operate to the highest standards, making customers and employees comfortable in times like these has become paramount due to Covid-19, so we wanted to offer some enhancements people can put in place.”
With the ongoing pandemic, FBOs will be required to examine the policies and procedures they have in place surrounding health and sanitation. AviationManuals has made a series of recommendations and published a whitepaper on how to get this process started.
The information covered includes:
- Assessing policies and procedures in place.
- Researching industry guidance from reputable sources, like the CDC, WHO and NATA.
- Consulting with local airport staff.
- Focusing on personal hygiene.
- How to practice evolving standards for social distancing.
- Increasing the sanitation schedule.
- Having workers wear gloves and masks.
- Let those who can, work from home.
- Check first aid kits for sufficiency.
- Include your team in updates and welcome suggestions for compliance.
“In addition, take the opportunity to use your FBO’s Safety Management System to perform risk assessments,” Baier added. “Also, update your FBOs Emergency Response Plan with a particular focus on medical emergencies. With activity down, it’s a great time for dry runs of your ERPs.”
More complete details and the free Whitepaper can be found on the AviationManuals website. AviationManuals also recently outlined Covid-19 procedures for flight operations.